In the period from February 16 to March 6, 2015 on the basis of GPI RAS, MEPhI and the 1st MGMU of Sechenov with the support of JSC "BIOSPEC", National Association of photodynamic and RUSNANO is underway winter school for Magisters, Ph.D. candidates, practicing engineers and doctors who want to increase their skill level in the use and development of methods for fluorescent diagnostics and photodynamic therapy in Oncology.
In this school focuses in particular on the application of nanotechnology in this area. The school includes a lot of practical training, which will be held in GPI RAS, in the 1st MGMU of Sechenov , in JSC "BIOSPEC", in Moscow Scientific and Research Oncological Institute of P.A. Herzen. Their goal is training with real equipment used for fluorescent diagnostics and photodynamic therapy, laboratory and clinical conditions.
Target groups of students:
*Chemists-synthetic photosensitizers, nanoparticles and their composites.
a. researchers’ nanoparticles,
b. developers of diagnostic and therapeutic equipment,
c. physicists working at the clinic with doctors (medical physics).
*Clinicians are experts in the field of optical methods (laser), fluorescence diagnosis and photodynamic therapy.
At the end of the program specialists must master the following types of professional activities:
- specialists of target group No. 1 is to develop technologies and to carry out the synthesis of biocompatible nanoparticles of different composition, size and shape with clinically permitted photosensitizers;
- specialists of target group No. 2a is to explore biocompatible nanoparticles of different composition, size and shape with clinically permitted photosensitizers at the organ, cellular and subcellular levels;
- specialists of target groups No. 2b is to develop and maintain diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment, performing photodynamic effects on biological tissue containing nanoparticles and photosensitisers;
- specialists of target groups No. 2c is to work in a clinic with doctors, using diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment, performing photodynamic effects on biological tissue containing nanoparticles and photosensitisers;
- specialists of target group No. 3 is to realize fluorescent diagnostics and photodynamic therapy for the treatment of cancer
*Rudolf Steiner is Honorary Director of the Institute of Laser Technologies in Medicine and Measurement Technology of the University of Ulm (Ulm, Germany).
*Lothar Lilge is Professor of the Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto (Toronto, Canada).
*Alexander Duplik is Professor Ryerson University (Toronto, Canada).
*Charles Sussen is Professor of the University of Lorraine (Nancy, France).
*Lina Bolotin is Professor Research Center for Automation and Control of Nancy (Nancy, France).
*G.V. Ponomarev is g.n.s. FGBI "Research Institute of Biomedical Chemistry of. V.N. Orekhovicha"
*E.A. Lukyanets is laboratory chief FSUE "SSC" NIOPIK "
*A.F. Mironov- holder of chair MITHT of M.V. Lomonosov
General professional cycle (OC):
*Nanobiophotonics in Oncology
*Fundamentals of fluorescent diagnostics and photodynamic therapy
Professional modules (PM):
*The methodology of spectroscopic diagnostics and photodynamic therapy,
*Synthesis of photosensitizers and biocompatible nanoparticles,
*Study of optical properties of biocompatible nanoparticles on the macro and micro level invivo,
*Development of equipment for fluorescent diagnostics and photodynamic therapy,
*Adaptation of methods fluorescent diagnostics for various biological and clinical conditions and planning photodynamic therapy,
*Medical statistics for fluorescent diagnostics and photodynamic therapy.