Photodynamic therapy in gynecology
Photodynamic therapy in gynecology has a number of advantages in comparison with other methods (diathermocoagulation, lazerovaparizatsiya, cryodestructions):
It causes the selective death of abnormal cells without damaging healthy tissue, due to the selective accumulation of the photosensitizer in the pathological cells and summing the local light;
- unpainful during the operation;
- no bleeding;
- early onset of boundary epithelization;
- imperceptible leucocytic infiltration;
- reducing exudation and proliferation phases;
- the lack of formation of scar tissue;
- preserving the anatomical and functional usefulness of the cervix.
It should be noted the advantage of the photosensitizer «FOTODITAZIN®" in the form of a gel in comparison with a intravenous solution:
- it's not require restriction light mode;
- eliminates the accumulation of the photosensitizer in the other organs and tissues with high proliferative activity that should be considered in cases of combination of the pathology of the cervix uterine with hysteromyoma, adenomyosis and other pathological processes accompanied by increased proliferative activity.
Photodynamic therapy in gynecology is sufficiently radical method, but at the same time attenuated, with preservation of anatomical and functional usefulness of the cervix and it is the drug of choice in the treatment of background and precancerous diseases of the cervix, especially in women of the reproductive period. Ease of implementation of the method and its effectiveness determines the appropriateness of use in practical healthcare.
PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY OF BACKGROUND DISEASES AND DYSPLASIA OF CERVIX OF THE UTERUS
- Cervical ectopia
- Cervical leukoplakia
- Cervical endometriosis
- Cervical retention cysts (Ovulae Nabothi)
- Cervical dysplasia of grade I-II